Join Pivot to Peace and CODEPINK’s China Is Not Our Enemy campaign this Sunday for a conversation with Xiangyu, Col. Ann Wright, Lauren Gonitzke and Pivot to Peace’s K.J. Noh to better understand the Taiwan issue and how the U.S. can avoid war with China over Taiwan.
- When: February 27, 2022 at 6:00pm – 7:30pm (PST)/9:00pm – 10:30pm (EST)
- Where: Zoom
- K.J. Noh is a journalist, political analyst, writer and educator specializing in the geopolitics and political economy of the Asia-Pacific region. He is a member of Veterans for Peace and Pivot to Peace.
- Xiangyu is a student and educator of anti-imperialism, and a Golden Indie Music Award-nominated Taiwan-based rapper. He co-hosted a Taiwan History Series on Carl Zha’s “Silk & Steel” podcast, and has also guest starred on other podcasts such as “Escape From Plan A.”
- Ann Wright served 29 years in the U.S. Army/Army Reserves and retired as a Colonel. She was also a U.S. diplomat and served in U.S. embassies in Nicaragua, Grenada, Somalia, Uzbekistan, Kyrgyzstan, Sierra Leone, Micronesia, Afghanistan and Mongolia. She resigned from the U.S. government in 2003 in opposition to President Bush’s war on Iraq.
- Lauren Gonitzke is the assistant for CODEPINK’s China is Not Our Enemy Campaign. She has worked in various capacities including communications, community building, and education.